
Well a lot has happened since my last post. Sydni Alana was born on October 16th, 2007 at 10:56am. She was birthed via cesarian because, well, she was just so stubborn she wanted to stay breech. She weighed in at 6lbs 14oz. I waited in silent anticipation to meet her for about ten minutes after the doctors retrieved her from the womb. Her cries filled the operation room and suddenly my life had a whole new meaning. I was a mother. Jacob, her father, finally brought her over to me as I lay on the table in silence. He brushed her face to mine and tears welled up in my eyes. I will never forget the first time we met. She seemed uneasy and a little pissed off, but it would not be long until I would hold her and reassure her that even though she was unsure of the new world surrounding her, I would always be there to provide comfort and security. Within minutes the doctors lifted me from the table onto a bed, I could not move my legs. Once I was secured I embraced my daughter for the first time. As I held her she let little rambling noises bubble out from her sweet mouth. For the first day she would chatter constantly in her own baby speak. She must have had some understanding of happiness because she smiled on that first day with us and she has not stopped smiling since.
|