Wednesday, July 8, 2009

And Now...




Of course, I had to get another one of these shots, it's almost identical to one I took of Jacob napping with Sydni in the hospital.












The little man. Born June 30th at 6:58pm. He weighed 7lbs 12oz and measured 20 1/2 in. Coincidently this was also his Grandma's (Jacob's mom) birthday as well! I was able to have a successful VBAC and the doctors and nurses were all on top of it and very supportive. It couldn't have gone better and I was incredibly relieved that I didn't have to have another C-section!



They let us go home the next night and we were very eager to get home to Sydni and also to sleep in our own bed. I want to thank all of the family and friends that helped us so much with Sydni during this time. I could really tell that she felt so loved and important during this transition of welcoming Jared into our home and I think it made all the difference in her being so open to having a baby brother enter the scene. From the bottom of our hearts, thank you, you know who 'you' are.












We were up and running by the 4th of July and had a BBQ with lots of friends and family. The guys from Jacob's work helped do all of the cleaning up after Austin and his new fiance, Rachell, did the cooking and Jacob did the grilling. I wasn't expecting to have such a turnout at our house, but it was a blast and I didn't have to do any work, so I wasn't complaining.











The men hanging out with the little one's. Our good friend Andrew recently had to say goodbye to his expectant wife and two daughters, they moved home for the deployment, so he was soaking up some time with Sydni.












He taught her how to blow bubbles! And for that Andrew will go down in history.













Sparklers with Dad...















Frolicking in the street, enjoying fireworks for the first time!


















He's very pensive.













First family photo. Sydni likes to eat Roman candles. That's all I have to say about that.



















Oh yeah, I wouldn't miss explosives for anything.












It's my baby bro!!! My Daughter is odd. And I fear Jared is doomed to the same fate.













Whut?